Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dariya Palty Hair Dye (Treatment Bleach) Review!

          Finally it's the long-awaited post-A Level holiday! Time to do something crazy haha! One thing on the top of the list of things to do after A Level is to get my hair dyed! Okay maybe it is not really crazy but still, I had never dyed my hair before (cuz I'm too 乖 alr haha). The colour I'm hoping to get is a light YELLOWISH brown, go as light as possible but without attracting too much attention when walking on the street~ I also decided on DIY dyeing since it's much cheaper and it's also FUN! So now I'm going to do a review about my first dyeing experience haha~. For those friends of mine who are curious about how the dyeing turned out but haven't got a chance to see me in person in yet, here is the place to come!!! (:

This is the hair dye that I bought!
          It was quite a struggle to choose the hair dye since there are so many different brands! I ended up choosing between Liese and Palty. Liese is a new technology (I think?) and it is famous in Singapore. It is also really convenient (my mum used it). But its colour seems to fade after a while. I heard that Palty's colour is brighter and lighter since it contains bleach, so this is the key determining factor that made me chose Palty in the end. (:

          Palty has 3 kinds of bleach-containing hair dye: Sparkling blonde, Hard bleach, and Treatment bleach. I chose Treatment Bleach(- Natural Brown) because though I would want an obvious tone, I also wouldn't want to end up becoming one of the attention-seeking freaks out there (LOL just kidding~ I actually admire their attitude. Some girls look really pretty in light blonde.)

          I was excited but also scared at the same time about the dyeing because I was afraid that I would screw it up, or my hair would be severely damaged, or the colour would turn out too dark (which doesn't match the holiday spirit), or it would turn out too light (which makes me can't go out of my house), etc etc. Overall I'm a worrisome person. (:

          But most of the worries were unnecessary. It was really simple. Just mix the cream with a solution then apply everything on your hair. Thanks to my mum who helped me with most the dyeing job. I heard 1 bottle is only enough for shoulder-length hair so I bought 2 bottles just in case. So the amount was ample. There was the smell of ammonia but it was really bearable. I spent 20min dyeing and then 35min for the colour to develop. And TADA! HERE IS THE RESULT:

Colour Under Sunlight
         
            The colour was surprisingly even, and rather bright too. My hair also felt smooth after the dye. Not frizzy, brittle whatsoever and no split ends (so far at least)~ It is almost salon standard. (: As for the colour, it was not 100% what I hoped for. ): I would prefer it to be more yellowish rather than orangy. And also go a little lighter (and crazier xD). But this is just my personal preference. The colour itself is still beautiful. I think this colour is perfect for those who want a very VISIBLE yet not too exaggerated dye. I'll definitely recommend it to my friends and I'll use Palty again, too! Maybe go for hard bleach next time haha xD

          So what d'ya think? Comments, please? :)



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for your review ! I didn't know which box to choose but I will buy Natural Brown :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that my review helped (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello, where did you buy palty in sg? thnx in advance :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can i use this on European hair? My hair is dark blonde with a lot of highlights in it, so I'm worrying that it will turn out ugly because of the blech. I'll also be using Natural Brown from Palty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! finally someone reviewed treatment bleach.. thank you. anyway we asians have an orange tone in our hair that's why it turns out this way. if you really want to go a bit crazier, i suggest that you add funky colour to your hair using semi-permanent dye like Manic Panic (it lasts for about a month or so).

    ReplyDelete